Thursday 18 August 2011

Little White Lies, No. 7




I remember vaguely seeing this issue of Little White Lies promoted online when it was first released, and knowing that I must purchase it. The issue itself is beautifully laid out and I have always appreciated the approach of this unique little film magazine. However it wasn't until now that I would also very much appreciate a feature in the magazine. I lifted a quote from page 42 that will benefit my dissertation greatly:

'The promotional posters used by Pedro Almodovar are as bold and timeless as the films to which they are attached. No dull drop off spot for the jubilant quotes of the critics, they are an extension of the films, offering insight into their content, style and tone. Their influences range from Lichtenstein to Warhol to Picasso to Braque. The approach to the designs evolved from the heavy handed caricatures and bright colours of the early '80's to the robust, angular style of the '90's. As the years roll by, the images become more austere, more focused and more iconic.'


Jenkins, D., 2006. 'Colour Me Sexy'. Little White Lies; The Volver Issue, no. 7. pp 42-49.


No comments:

Post a Comment