Thursday 11 August 2011

Suzi Wong: Finished Shorts

Today I walked into Suzi Wong to find that the two pieces of material I had previously printed the day before had been assembled into a complete pair of shorts. I had been told that this would be the case, as they needed to see what the fully finished outcome looked like to determine the success of the design. However I was still shocked at how fast the production was. I have to admit I was pretty blown away by the outcome. Of course the quality of the prints weren't great, and the colours weren't crisp and vibrant, but it was so easy to see past those things. I was looking at an item of clothing that I had designed from scratch, and I could not have been more proud. There is something to be said for producing a product that has real potential. I was told by John that I could keep the prototype as a souvenir to remember my time at Suzi Wong. Not only that but John insisted he liked the design and implied that he may send the visual to an external printer to be professionally printed onto fabric. He mentioned something about a provisional run of about a dozen pairs to see how they sell in the market. To me, just being given the brief and the opportunity to make a prototype was more than enough, but to think that someone may pay to wear a pair of shorts I designed is mind blowing. Below are a few images of the prototype shorts.






No comments:

Post a Comment