Tuesday 6 September 2011

Timo Meyer

German born illustrator Timo Meyer is an up and coming designer who I discovered through his work for 'Silver Screen Society'. The poster shown to the left was his attempt at re-imaging the film 'The Third Man' and communicates his unique approach to interpretation. I'm not sure if his attempt is one of the best I have seen, but after browsing through the rest of his work I have come to admire his aesthetic. His work has been featured on many websites I visit daily including /Film and Wired, and therefore he must be some sort of inspiration for me. He also has several other projects that are film orientated, with a personal favourite being a 80's inspired cult film illustration. This man is a great example that proves people with similar interests and a design style can make it in the design world.

No comments:

Post a Comment