Monday 5 September 2011

R. Black

I knew I had found a relevant artist to my line of design as soon as I opened the home page on R. Black's website and was faced with this image:


Christina Ricci as Wednesday Addam's peeping through a key hole. Yes Please.

There's not much that can be said about R. Black's work that can't be identified the very moment you look at it. It's bold, colourful, vivid, striking, but most importantly, it is his. I have yet to come across a current graphic designer whose work is this visually strong. I know that If I were to see a piece of R. Black's work, completely out of context, I would be able to identify it as his and to me this is what makes a great designer. Creating a very clear visual approach is something I need to become better at. I need to establish myself and make my design intentions clear. I can learn a lot from this artist. Below are a few examples of Black's work that I am particularly fond of.




To view more of R. Black's poster artwork click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment